Merchandiser | Tasks: Merchandising is any practice which contributes to the sale of products to a retail consumer. At a retail in-store level, merchandising refers to displaying products that are for sale in a creative way that entices customers to purchase more items or products.
A merchandiser for clothing acts as a link between the industry and the consumer. He is responsible for managing every task, including purchasing the raw materials needed to complete the product, creating and finishing the garment, creating paperwork, and finally delivering. He is actually the principal person in charge of ensuring that the product is made on time.
A clothing merchandiser serves as a liaison between the buyer, numerous company departments, and affiliated businesses to facilitate the execution of the order. By “allied companies,” we mean “factories for stitching,” “fabric, accessory, and embroidery firms.” These can be outsourced and need not be actual homes. The apparel merchandiser must be aware of what is expected of him in order to contribute to the business and succeed on the market.
The garment merchandiser’s job is to manage the order from the moment the buyer places the purchase through shipping, determining account profitability, and receiving payment in the bank. In a nutshell, a clothing merchandiser evaluates, plans, acquires, handles, and supervises the complete order from beginning to end.
Types of Merchandisers?
- Fashion Merchandiser: Fashion Merchandiser are who designs & develops process of Product.
- Production Merchandiser: Production merchandisers interact with customers, and their main responsibility is to fulfill tasks in accordance with their needs and promptly deliver finished goods to the customer’s location.
- Retailer Merchandiser: The retailer sells goods things in smaller amounts, acting as a middleman between the wholesalers and final customers. A merchandiser for retailers is both marketing and client manager. He establishes the location, timing, and amenities to move the products.
Roles of a Fashion Merchandiser?
- Create visually appealing displays that are appropriate for our target audience, our budget, and current fashions.
- Make a monthly plan and budget for visual merchandise at several places.
- Store layouts should be planned, sourced, and implemented with care.
- Get the clothing, accessories, and shoes you’ll need to finish your creations.
- Work together with distributors, suppliers, and fashion designers to finalize deadlines and negotiate contracts.
- Discuss the requirements for the campaigns for advertising in close collaboration with the marketing division.
- Attend trade events, seminars, and fashion shows on behalf of the company.
- To discuss sales reports and customer opinions, schedule a meeting with the sales manager.
- Make sure there are adequate resources and items in each store to finish the visual displays.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Fashion Merchandiser?
Roles of a Production Merchandiser?
- Proto Sample Order Query: First stage where the buyer will investigate about the order from the Merchandiser.
- Forwarding TechPack: After conducting the order inquiry, the buyer will provide the seller a “Tech Pack” or technical specification sheet. The tech pack contains all the information on a certain look and the goods.as follows:
- a style code;
- surface decoration details;
- product style
- design; etc.